Monday 16 December 2013

I will become a game developer

I will become a game developer, because I want to be a game developer, it's only a matter of time. In fact technically I'm already a game developer, I have two of my own games in development, one called 'Piles' written in JavaScript and another called 'The Crying Man' using Stencyl.

Yet I am still a long way away from achieving my true goal of working solely as a game designer in a development studio. I have a passion for design, I am fascinated by how humans interact with things and why we do. That's the reason I've decided to make this blog.

I suppose I could say it is a one year experiment looking at design and learning as much as I can about it in that time. Though I'd say my main interest lies in gaming, there are still lots of different areas out there filled with inspiring concepts and ideas. I want to analyse films, music, architecture, clothing, appliances, weaponry, technology and much much more in pursuit to understand a little bit more about the science of design.

Week by week I'll post my findings on such topics and try to inspire others to pursue exploration into unknown fields. I think there is a lot to be learnt from areas of interest other than our own and especially in an open field such as game design that knowledge could prove immeasurable.

Remember there's many ways to look at design and there's no wrong or right way to go about it in most cases. So I encourage discussion + debate, but lets keep it constructive and help make each other better designers along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment